We’ve had our first taste of Fall weather and I’ve started to make more comfort foods for dinner. I love a good crock pot recipe and to smell the food simmering all day. Our dining room is a gathering place for family dinners, and while it’s still a work in progress to get it decorated how I want, it’s one of my favorite rooms in the house. If you didn’t check out my Fall Tablescape, head there now, and then come back to grab these free printables to make these DIY Fall Quote Banners.
DIY Fall Quote Banners
I recently came across a tutorial on Pinterest for a DIY Easter Scroll Banner from Bless’er House and thought this would be a great idea for my empty dining room walls.
There are so many lovely Fall Quotes but two of them really speak to my heart and I envisioned them wrapping my dining room in the sentiment.
“And all at once, Summer collapsed into Fall.” – Oscar Wilde
“Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the Fall.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
Supplies needed for your DIY Fall Quote Banners:
- 18×24″ printables – Get these printed at Staples as a color Engineering Print.
- 2 dowel rods from the hardware store – I went to Home Depot and found some stained crown molding that worked perfectly. If you don’t get color treated ones, pick up some stain. I even asked an employee to cut it down to 18.25″ each so I didn’t even need to worry about pulling out the saw.
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Cardstock paper
So I didn’t take photos of each of the step, but read below for a quick explanation.
1. Glue the dowels to the top and bottom
With your hot glue gun, run a strip of glue along the top and place the dowel on top of it, holding until it’s secure. Do the same at the bottom.
2. Secure the twine to hang
Secure the twine to the back of the paper with glue, and and add a piece of card stock over the twine to secure.
3. Hang your DIY Fall Quote Banner
Find a spot in your home and hang your banners. I used 3M Command Hooks for a quick and easy way to hang my banners.
I’m now in love with these DIY printables and pretty sure I need to do them for every holiday. There will for sure be a holiday one coming soon so don’t forget to check back.
Download the Fall Quote Banner printable