This post and the photos within it may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a commission at no cost to you. Read my disclosure for more info.
Use this mini party plan to throw the best Pool Party. Chock full of ideas, this plan includes ideas for a beachy theme, decorations, table setting, favors, and more.
Summer is in full swing and temps are hot! It’s the perfect time of year to throw a pool party! If you are looking for pool party ideas for kids or adults, look no further.
I love planning parties and today I’m sharing a Pool Party Mini Party Plan, which will save you hours of party prep.
This mini party plan has everything you need to throw the best pool party. I scoured the Internet and tracked down fun invites, decoration ideas, place settings, kid party favors, and dessert ideas for not one but two fun looks. Read on for all the details to throw the best pool party of the season!
Only a few steps to plan your pool party:
- Pick your invite
- Choose your party style: Pool Blue or Beach Ball?
- Choose the decor elements you want to add
- Purchase the coordinating place settings
- Throwing a kids party? How about adding a fun party favor? I have you covered.
- Drool over and order desserts
For even more ideas, check out my Pool Party Pinterest Board.
This post and the photos within it may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a commission at no cost to you.
Pool Party Invitations
There’s an overwhelming amount of pool party invites on the market, so I’ve curated some favorites that I found will work well with both styled looks I’ve put together for you today.
All of these invites are available as digital files. Some are instant download items, which I’ve noted below. In that case, you won’t be able to change certain design elements, but you do get files instantly. Perfect for you procrastinators!
Some of these shops provide printing services if you don’t want the hassle of getting these printed, though it’s super simple to send out to a local copy shop like Staples, which can print your invites on white card stock. You can also send your invite digitally.
- Splish Splash Birthday Bash Invite from Elva M Design Studio (Instant Download)
- Pool Party invite from West Willow
- Splish Splash invite from by Dandelion Design (Instant Download)
- Splish Splash flag banner invite from Bohemian Woods (Instant Download)
- Pool Party Bash invite from Anna Hatcher Design (Instant Download)
- Shades of blue Pool Party invite by Sweet Providence (Instant Download)
- Splish Splash Pool Party Bash invite by She’s My Tuesday
- Beach Ball invite from Nestling Design
- Nautical Pool Party invite from Casa Confetti
Pool Blue or Beach Ball Theme Decor?
I couldn’t decide which direction to take from these fun invites so I put together two different looks for you!
The shades of pool blue lends to a classy look.
The beach ball decor is colorful and fun for a daytime affair.
Which one do you like best?
Pool Blue Theme Decor
First up, Pool Blue. Here’s everything you need to pull together a cohesive look for this theme.
- Tissue Poms on Oriental Trading
- Balloon Garland Kit on Amazon (you are going to want this balloon pump to save your lungs!)
- Tissue Tassels on Amazon
- Free “Hello Summer” Party Sign from Elva M Design Studio
- Teal cake stand by Amalfi Decor
- Pool Photography Backdrop on Amazon
- Sea Shell Pool Float on Amazon
- Shades of Blue Confetti by FestiveFetti on Etsy
- Blue Number Balloon on Amazon
Get matching printables
Pool Blue Place Settings
Set a fancy, yet inexpensive, table with these pool blue place setting ideas. Almost all of these items are available at one of my go-to party suppliers, Oriental Trading, so load up your cart and be sure to check for a coupon code or free shipping offer!
Update: Note some of these items are no longer available or out of stock, including the table runner, jute bottles, and plates.
- Teal Paper Tablecloth from Amazon (or get this plastic one from Oriental Trading)
- Coastal Seaside Paper Table Runner from Oriental Trading (Substitution: this one from Amazon is a bit more expensive but so pretty!)
- Jute Wrapped Bottles from Oriental Trading (Similar option on Amazon)
- Coastal Seaside Dinner Plates from Oriental Trading
- Coastal Seaside Dessert Plates from Oriental Trading
- Coastal Seaside Dinner Napkins from Oriental Trading
- Light Blue Plastic Forks from Oriental Trading
- Turquoise Striped Paper Straws from Oriental Trading
- Turquoise Plastic Cups from Oriental Trading
Use these tent cards for a personalized place setting
Beach Ball Theme Decor
Beach Ball, you’re up. I’m loving the bright happy colors of this look.
Update: Note some of these items are no longer available or out of stock, such as the pool party mini banner set.
- My Mind’s Eye Pool Party Mini Banner Set from Oriental Trading
- Giant Beach Ball from Amazon
- Set of Sand Buckets from Amazon
- Beach Ball Garland from Oriental Trading
- Beach Ball Food/Cupcake Picks from Oriental Trading
- Tissue Tassel Garland from Amazon
- Beach Ball Cooler from Oriental Trading
- Colorful set of Pool Noodles from Amazon
- Red Cake Stand from Amalfi Decor
Beach Ball Table Settings
Ace this table setting with beach ball tabletop items that will surely score you points with your party guests. Once again, I’ve made it easy on ya, with almost all of the items available at Oriental Trading.
- White Paper Table Cloth from Oriental Trading
- Yellow Geometric Table Runner from Amazon
- Set of 12 Red and Blue Sand Buckets from Oriental Trading
- One Dozen Mini Beach Balls from Oriental Trading (fill the buckets with these for an easy centerpiece; you could also add in some fun printables!)
- Beach Ball Cups from Oriental Trading (these are better suited for a kids party, pick up some simple red solo cups for adults)
- Blue Plastic Forks from Oriental Trading
- Red Paper Dinner Plates from Oriental Trading
- My Mind’s Eye Lifeguard Dessert Plates from Oriental Trading
- Yellow Dinner Napkins from Oriental Trading
Pool Party Sweets and Treats
What’s a party without some desserts? These pool party dessert ideas are so fun and will be a hit with your guests.
Be sure to check out lead times for many of these vendors to ensure your party date can be accommodated, or find substitutions at a local bakery.
- Beach Ball Lollipops from Oriental Trading
- Snow Cone Maker from Amazon
- Mini Dessert Cups and Spoons from Amazon (fill with just about anything! Think desserts with jello, fruit, cheesecake, or pudding).
- Custom Fondant Pool Party Cupcake Toppers from Sweet Sugar Tops on Etsy
- Custom Pool Party Sugar Cookies from Mrs Cookie Bakes on Etsy
- Beach Ball colors Ice Cream Sprinkles from Simply Baking Supplies on Etsy
- Blue Candy Buffet from Oriental Trading (Click here to find jars and containers to serve the candy)
- Shades of Blue Chocolate Covered Pretzels from Just Baked Sweet on Etsy
- Beach Cake Pops from Cheryls Cookie Jar on Etsy
Pool Party Favors for Kids
Send the fun home with these pool party favor ideas for kids. Some one these would look extra special with some personalization. If you have a Cricut or a Silhouette cutting machine, you can add the child’s name in an instant with adhesive vinyl.
- Colorful sunglasses from Amazon (8 pack)
- Water Blasters from Amazon (24 pack)
- Squirt Guns from Amazon (24 pack)
- Big Bubble Wands from Amazon (24 pack)
- Sand Toy Set from Oriental Trading (12 sets)
- Dive Torpedos from Amazon (12 pack)
- Ice Pop Holders from Amazon (24 pack; these would look so cute personalized!)
- Drink Cups from Amazon (12 pack; personalize and fill the cup with candy or small items)
- Beach Ball Favor Bags from Amazon (12 bags; fill with anything from candy to small toys!)
Add a favor tag
Stay Cool Even Without a Pool
Don’t have a pool? No problem. These splash pads, sprinklers, and inflatable pools will keep everyone cool.
- 68″ Splash Pad Play Mat for Kids from Amazon
- The littlest kids will love playing with this water table from Amazon
- This large 120″ inflatable pool will hold a few adults and kids from Amazon
- This large inflatable water slide bouncer includes two slides and a rock wall for ages 5 – 10 years
- This smaller inflatable water slide pool is great for the younger set, ages 2+
- Or keep it super simple with this whale sprinkler that attaches to your garden hose.
I hope these ideas help you plan the best pool party this Summer! Have any questions? Ask away in the comments.
If you like what you see, please COMMENT, PIN, SHARE, or TWEET! I’d appreciate the love!