This post and the photos within it may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Gather around, you spellcasters and potion brewers, and download these enchanting free Hocus Pocus Halloween Bunco printables.
There are endless options for Bunco themes in October with Fall and Halloween. Hocus Pocus is a cult classic movie, especially for us elder Millenials, so it’s an easy choice as our theme.
The classic game of Bunco takes on a whole new dimension as you navigate the rounds under the watchful eye of the Sanderson sisters.
Join us for a Hocus Pocus Halloween Bunco Night and experience the magic where “amuck, amuck, amuck!” isn’t just a phrase but a call to roll the dice and embrace the otherworldly delights that await.
As you gather your coven of friends, remember, “It’s a full moon tonight. That’s when all the weirdos are out.”
Let’s roll, witches, and have some fun!
How to Play Bunco
Bunco is a very simple dice-rolling game that is fun for neighborhood and friend groups to play, usually on a monthly basis with different hosts and themes.
The rules are relatively simple, and it’s easy to catch onto the game.
- We collect $5 from each player; some groups collect $10.
- There are traditionally three tables with 4 players at each, for a total of 12 players. Each table has two teams of two players, Us and Them. Your teammate is the person sitting across from you.
- The head table (table 1) starts the rounds and finishes the round. When the head table reaches 21 points they ring the bell and the round is over.
- Some Bunco groups play four games and each round has six rounds, going through all of the numbers of the dice (e.g. the first round you roll for 1’s, the second round you roll for 2’s, etc.).
- Each player will take a turn rolling three dice.
- One person at the table keeps score. Every time you roll the number you’re on, you get one point and continue rolling until you no longer roll that number.
- Special scoring:
- Three of a kind is worth 5 points and is called a Mini Bunco.
- The host picks a traveling number (between 1-6). If you roll three of that number, you get a traveling and get to hold a little prize until the next person rolls a traveling. This is usually a little trophy or a fuzzy die.
- If you roll three of a kind of the number you are on, you get a Bunco. For example, if you are on 4’s and you roll three 4’s, that is a bunco. That is worth 21 points.
- Special scoring:
- “Winners Walk, Losers Stay” except at the Head Table. When the round is over, the winners of the head table stay. The losers go to Table 3. Table 3’s winners go to table 2 and Table 2’s winners go up to the head table.
- You can’t be on the same team as the last round, so swap seats. The people remaining at the tables must rearrange themselves so that they are not on the same team again for the next round.
- At the end, prizes are given out for most buncos, most wins, most losses traveling, and 50/50 wins and losses. You can either have a standard way to dole out the money, or make it random.
Bunco is a ton of fun and a great way to get together with friends each month! If you want to start your own Bunco group then scroll on for printable scorecards and table signs to throw your own Hocus Pocus themed-Bunco night for Halloween.
Free Hocus Pocus Halloween Bunco Printables
The Hocus Pocus Halloween Bunco set includes everything you need to host:
- Scoring Cards
- Table Tally Sheet
- Table Signs
To access the free printable, sign up for my newsletter below to get access to the password. You’ll have access to all of the free printables on the blog!
Happy rollin’, witches!
If you like what you see, please COMMENT, PIN, SHARE, or TWEET! I’d appreciate the love!